Kajoan Design was born from love of beauty and creating beautiful items. Design is always based on respect of nature and the materials are chosen in terms of their ethical and ecological impact.
Kajoanin was designed and manufactured in Helsinki. KajoanThe working couple are Johanna and Antti, Kajanus, in whose hands all the jewelry is created.
The jewelry in our collection is made of Finnish birch plywood. Being a local, renewable and traceable material, is what we consider sustainable.
PEFC and FSC certificates have been granted for the origin and supply chain of wood.
- The wood is not illegally felled
- Logging does not violate traditional and civil rights
- Wood is not felled from forests where forest management measures would threaten valuable biotope conservation values.
- Wood is not felled from forests that have been converted to tree plantations or from forests that are converted to non-forest use.
- The tree does not come from forests planted with genetically modified seedlings.
Environmental and human friendliness are also taken into account in the choice of paints and varnishes.